but we're back in action

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 16 October 2014 - 04:28 pm GMT
adorno

View user details & audio files
Main-user

Website?:  Link
File/Image?:  No file

Weird. I was almost convinced that Peabody had it taken offline. They denied it, of course. The last thing they want is an independent tenants' voice. They much prefer a TA that they can manipulate and browbeat.

Anyway, welcome back!

Does anyone know what happened to Stella? Is she still with us?

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 26 October 2014 - 07:55 pm GMT
Jenny

Regular-user

Website?:  No link

Yes, welcome back, glad to have you here again.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 14 March 2015 - 10:31 pm GMT
Braindrain

New-user

adorno wrote:

Weird. I was almost convinced that Peabody had it taken offline. They denied it, of course. The last thing they want is an independent tenants voice. They much prefer a TA that they can manipulate and browbeat.

Anyway, welcome back!

Does anyone know what happened to Stella? Is she still with us?

This is exactly what I was thinking too, they may or may not have been behind taking it offline, there's probably no way of being able to establish that but I bet it would have suited Peabody to have it stay off, this forum does indeed give tenants a voice and a voice = power so I'm glad to see it has come back, I had been checking to see if it ever would come back ever since it seemed to get taken out and I was actually considering making another one myself had it not returned because I think there is a huge need for a forum like this, many thanks

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 24 March 2015 - 04:55 pm GMT
Nik Wood

Anybody seen the minutes of the Residents' Consultative Panel? A lot of official TA folks seriously pissed off at Peabody trying to steamroller in replacement of elected people by people they appoint. They don't seem to think the current set up is tame enough!

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 18 April 2015 - 05:13 am GMT
Micro

New-user

Welcome back and more power to your elbow as they say. See our post on the general forum: Redevelopment or Social Housing (Cleansing). We need to build a London wide pressure group to hold Peabody to account.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 20 April 2015 - 11:54 am GMT
tenant

Big-user

cheers Micro  

That's gonna be a tough one though. Sadly (and frankly) i think it is all over for social tenants in London (and for small businesses), the die is cast.... the councils and ha's know all the tricks or they are at the mercy of developers who can twist the rules on social housing commitments, and with blatant government support for foreign developers as the sole method to prop up the economy, we ARE going to see the absolute & total social cleansing of pretty much all working Londoners from central London within perhaps 10 years (and by central i mean ANY London postcode).

Foreign wealth funds are buying up London land to the extent that even the trad' big players like Grosvenor estates are now just 'small fry' looking only to sell to these wealth funds while they can.

So... unless some umbrella protest can be created, encompassing ALL social tenants in London (both council and HA), and perhaps using some sort of human rights law designed to prevent mass deportation of people from their homeland.... well i cant see any smaller entity surviving alone.

Peabody recently acquired & 'merged with' a large HA with extensive property & land in Thamesmead... the plan it seems is to gradually decant peabody tenants from London to Thamesmead, thus continually free-ing up central estates for sale. Peabody Trust is now not a charity social housing entity, but has re-invented itself as a for-profit property corporation.

Let us remember Peabody's charity status remit: 'To house the working poor of London'

Clearly this is no longer their role and many have opined that they should be entirely stripped of their charitable status.

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/sep/17/truth-property-developers-builders-exploit-planning-cities

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 21 April 2015 - 12:11 pm GMT
erewhon

Also see this article about Peter Vernon of Grosvenor and Jenny Daly of Taylor Wimpy joining the Peabody Board:

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2015-04-20-Big-names-from-property-world-join-Peabody-Board

AND on this forum the thread - Redevelopment or social housing?

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: We're back!!!!!!!!] - Posted: 23 April 2015 - 10:42 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

Newspaper articles today in the standard, tech city news & growthbusiness all saying entrepreneurs and tetch start ups being driven from london by rising rent/property costs.

------------
"Almost two-thirds (63%) of London-based entrepreneurs and small business owners are considering leaving the city within five years due to rising personal and business costs, according to a report by Sussex Innovation.

The poll of 500 leaders associated with businesses that employ 20 people or fewer found that rising property prices were the main factor behind the potential exodus.

Almost eight in ten entrepreneurs (78.5%) cited this as the main reason they would struggle to run their business from London in the future.

Around one-quarter (26.6%) said that difficulties accessing finance and investment were the biggest issues for London start-ups, while securing top talent was the biggest concern for 24.1%."
--------------

London is just going to implode... hopefully it'll trigger a huge property crash

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 9 messages   -   Viewing all 9 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]