Sat, Oct 21, 2017 

TBrown

mail this discussion to a friend..

Total = 20 messages   -   Viewing all 20 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1 2

[TBrown] - Posted: 06 June 2015 - 04:24 pm GMT
james sw1

View user details & audio files
New-user

Website?:  No link
File/Image?:  No file

TBrown have missed three appointment 'slots' to do the gas safety check and now Peabody are writing to me with a date saying they will break my door down if i don't let them in!!! and they have no records of me contacting them even though i have records of 10 emails to tbrown

Peabody is getting worse

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 06 June 2015 - 06:53 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

Website?:  Link

forward the emails to management

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 03 November 2015 - 11:28 am GMT
hackney_tenant

New-user

tenant wrote:

forward the emails to management

Do you have management email addresses you could share?

I had similar problems with T Brown. Also when the engineer arrived they were really rude.

I made a complaint, heard back so long after I'd forgotten about the whole thing. Got a very long letter which promised all sorts of improvements, but as usual, nothing I could actually check was being done, so I assumed it was just hot air.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 04 November 2015 - 01:03 pm GMT
zorrodp

New-user

Sandra Skeete is the exec director in charge of housing - e-mail should be the normal Peabody format i..e sandra.skeete@peabody.org.uk

Other exec directors are Stephen Burns Community Investment, Stephen Howlett Chief Exec (and on the board) Susan Hickey Finance David Lavarack Corporate Services & interim director Pauline Ford Thamesmead (and formerly Managing Director Merton Priory Homes part of Circle Housing.

I've lost track of the various housing etc., managers - there's been a lot of change in recent years and most of the names in my address book have gone.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 07 November 2015 - 03:06 pm GMT
erewhon

Big-user

Peabody seems to have at last replaced Peter Mercer, the excellent assistant director of maintenance who did his utmost to improve the repairs service.

The new bloke is John Everett.

So the email address should be john.everett@peabody.org.uk

But I suggest also make an official Stage 1 Complaint.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 30 November 2015 - 12:12 pm GMT
erewhon

Big-user

584 people have read this thread, whereas only 153 were interested in the Peabody consultation over changing from being a charity to being a charitable community benefit society.

Peabody say the change will make savings, and the money saved will go towards services.

IF all the people who read this T Brown thread were to respond to the consultation by saying they want those savings to be spent on improving the repairs and gas servicing, we might get somewhere?

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 04 December 2015 - 09:49 pm GMT
Nik Wood

We in Victoria Park had a meeting with John Everett on lots of things. On the gas safety issue we complained about notices being posted on empty homes proclaiming that the gas team couldn't gain access and thus advertising the home as empty for squatting or having the plumbing stolen. He said that the liaison between Gary Tew's gas team and Estate Management would be improved. We wait to see.

He seems to be an interim appointment to follow up on the damning outcome of the consultants' report on Axis' performance. We got the impression the hadn't been ground down by the Peabody approach yet and might be responsive to input from tenants' representatives, as long as we get to him before they do.

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 18 December 2015 - 02:30 pm GMT
erewhon

Big-user

If you find his contact details, will you let other TAs know? There are still dire repairs issues on our estate, with a few tenants waiting months or years for work to be done properly (ie so that the problem is diagnosed and actually fixed).

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 24 December 2015 - 11:12 am GMT
Nik Wood

John Everett seems to be temporary but his e-mail is the usual Peabody one of john.everett@peabody.org.uk. Do say I gave out his name if you contact him.

Pity Peter Mercer's gone but he'd been poorly I heard. One of the few at HQ who was better than Peabody standard. Seems its bad for your career to get the reputation of being respected by the tenantry if the fate of the Ex-Crown staff is anything to go by.

Not surprised few tenants bothered with the consultation about the structural change. What would have been the point, given Peabody's track record of taking any notice?

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 04 January 2016 - 06:13 pm GMT
erewhon

Big-user

Peter Mercer has moved on to pastures greener, outside London. Rumour was it was not illness that caused his move, but a bust-up with the bosses failure to do enough about the poor repairs service. But that's just a rumour.

Meantime - the Housing Bill is on its third reading in parliament from tomorrow 5 January.

Social housing estates will be designated 'brownfield sites' (regardless of being fully tenanted), given on-principle planning permission. Councils are given targets for developing brownfield sites. This is linked to the building of affordable homes for sale policy, so will further encourage redevelopment of council etc estates into 'affordable' homes for sale. With higher blocks, and more crammed onto the site.

The decanted tenants, scattered who knows where, will lose their secure or assured tenancies and will have to sign up to the new 2 to 5 year tenancies, paying rent according to their income level, having to opt for the cheapest areas on the outskirts of London and beyond, and with no right of succession. Every few years they will have to reapply for their tenancy, giving the landlord full income details, or the landlord will get the info from inland revenue anyway. Just to make sure all people on single or joint incomes below 40,000 per year fully understand and feel that they exist only on sufferance and are an intolerable burden to society if they cannot afford to buy their own home or afford market rents.

In most London boroughs, a couple with a joint income of 40,000 would have to spend 85% of their income to buy an 'affordable' home, even with the 20% discount.

But then, in five years time they will be allowed to sell it on the open market at full market price.

Frankly I expect the next move of the powers-that-be will be towards compulsory sterilisation for anyone they decide is unlikely to attain high income levels. So that ordinary working people don't breed.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 05 January 2016 - 11:59 am GMT
Nik Wood

Going to the demo today.

Peabody has been vocal about the right to buy aspect. When The Crown sold some in 2011 there was an overage clause which meant that the buyer had to hand back a chunk of whatever price they got when selling on.

Peabody hasn't been vocal about the rent issues, making some sort of bleat about a household income of 40K pa being too low.

We need to lobby Lord Kerslake as Chair of Peabody's Trustees and as a Lord with a vote.

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 05 January 2016 - 08:44 pm GMT
erewhon

Big-user

This is the third reading, with the amendments. Does it go back to the Lord's again?

If Peabody starts charging rents related more closely to the market rent where the property is, that would be too high for most Peabody tenants to pay.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 24 January 2016 - 09:19 am GMT
adorno

Main-user

T. Brown has missed two appointments to carry out some minor repairs to my boiler to correct the low pressure. This company is much worse than K&T Heating.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 12 February 2016 - 01:49 pm GMT
erewhon

Big-user

One fast way of getting action from T Brown is via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/tbrowngroup

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 13 February 2016 - 12:12 pm GMT
adorno

Main-user

erewhon wrote:

One fast way of getting action from T Brown is via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/tbrowngroup

They've now missed 4 appointments. They even had the cheek to claim that on one occasion "there was no access". Liars.

Thanks for that link. I've just sent them a Tweet. They're supposed to come first thing on Monday. We'll see...

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 18 February 2016 - 12:08 pm GMT
Nik Wood

adorno

Did they materialise?

There is lots of kerfuffle going on about tenant representation on Peabody committees and the like. Opposition to P's plan to appoint them. The Repairs Core Group seems to have fallen foul of this and is in a state of suspended animation. I'm getting update info at our committee tonight and will see if shouting is worth the breath.

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 21 March 2016 - 10:01 am GMT
adorno

Main-user

Nik,
Yes, they finally arrived but it has taken them two visits to deal with the problem. Fingers crossed.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 14 November 2016 - 01:18 pm GMT
Poor Dog

New-user

To add to this thread -

T Brown's appointment today from 8am -1pm hadn't been met by 12.15.
Experience tells me to call them.
They tell me the appontment has been cancelled.
I ask at what point they were calling me to tell me that.
They are evasive and seem to suggest they have no responsibility.

The fact I was ready for them at 8am although I worked late last night and will again tonight and waited in all morning for an appointment they must have know at 8 am wasn't going to be kept seems to count for nothing.
Now I await the standard threatening letter from them telling me I didn't keep the appontment and inconvienence myself for a second time with no guarantee they'll tun up.

I've been on to Peabody and complained and await with interest the response. I utge anyone seeing this thread who expereinces similar to contact the trust. T Brown are under contract and therefore need to be held to account.

At the moment they owe me five hours of my life.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 26 November 2016 - 05:02 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

you can claim money for missed appointments.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: TBrown] - Posted: 28 September 2017 - 12:43 pm GMT
Poor Dog

New-user

Once again, T Brown's 8am -1pm slot is unfilled with just 30 minutes to go. The text I got from them last night confirming the appointment was superceded this morning by a text confirming a pm appoinment for tomorrow, which, on calling the number in the text I was assured was 'just in case'. This has now been superceded by a phone call saying they're running late and will be here "after one" today.

Over half of T Brown's appointments are not kept. Does anyone ever get an appointment from T Brown in the first three hours of an appointed time slot and does anyone know where I send an invoice for my wasted time?

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 20 messages   -   Viewing all 20 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1 2

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]